2011년 9월 19일 월요일

Graphic Design Visual Diary No.1






For Graphic Design class next term, we need to create a lookbook. Although I am unsure if I will continue my study at AAD, since this project will be very beneficial for my own folio, I decided to start right away. As it happens, I already had an idea for a photo shoot and it feels great to have a reason to actually make it happen.

One thing I always have trouble with is keeping my visual diary. A lot of what I do is very spontaneous, my designing and planning doesn't take much time, I suddenly get an idea and I execute it. I understand it is very unreliable way of working, but this is just how I do things and it hasn't failed me yet. Also I have trouble making every page of my visual diary looking perfect. I would take ages to finish just one page.

So instead I decided to use my blog as a visual diary so that people can have a look at the proccess and get a glimpse of my vision and ideas.

I've been tirelessly working on my 'Magnum Opus' collection and the collection has been taking a lot of my energy. I want every piece in this collection to be a masterpiece, something that is comparable to a Haute Couture pieces shown in Paris. This means a lot of work and effort. After working on a piece for the 'Magnum Opus' collection, I am completely drained and found myself craving something minimal and white. This is very typical of me, I always want to do something completely different to what I have worked on.

In order for me to not get too sick of working on my 'Magnum Opus' collection, I decided to create small collection of more wearable and minimal garments inspired by the movie 'Black Swan' and the Givenchy Haute Couture collection by Ricaedo Tisci.




댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기