2011년 1월 22일 토요일

Alexander McQueen 2011 Pre-Fall

Having no internet connection at home makes everything so much harder, and now that the long-awaited 2011 Sping Haute Couture week in Paris begins tomorrow (24th), I feel more desperate for a private internet connection as I learnt that I better not look through a beautiful collection in a public library as i'm doing now. my constant gasp of surprise and excitement as well as my well-expressed signs of joy is bothering a clearly racist bitter old man sitting right next to me. But I do not care because Alexander McQueen's 2011 pre-fall collection is too beautiful and exciting to be contemplated in silence. All of his indecipherable muttering and even his creeping smell of death cannot overshadow my excitement after seeing this collection. Inspired by the luxurious and exuberant court od Versailles during the mighty reign of the Sun King Louis XIV and the British Royalty, this collection had everything you would expect from a McQueen collection, historicism, romanticism, edge, amazing cut and fit. The colours were restrained with extensive use of navy blue, red, black and white, but the emphasis seems to be in the cut of the garments with references to military uniforms. By the time I got through with the evening looks, I was so overwhelmed by how beautifully refined and elegant the collection is. If there is a perfection to be achieve in the fashion world, I bet that this collection comes pretty damn close to it!. Bravo Sarah Burton, Alexander McQueen should start creating Haute Couture collection :D


-seph-

Some of my Favourite looks in MQ



























images from style.com










댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기