2010년 4월 7일 수요일

Photo Shoot with Josie


After last photo shoot, I have decided that my garments are in no condition to be used for another shoot. I was so glad that Josie, the photographer of the day decided to use my garments even with all its shortcomings. Josie was one of the first photographers who contacted me for a collaboration when I posted a casting call for my then yet-to-be-completed collection. After she saw my garments, she wanted to something futuristic and post-apocalyptic in a abandoned, broken down place, which I loved.

I had a lot of fun and I can't wait to see the end results. The team I worked with was so great that I felt the need to acknowledge everyone involved.


Josie found an amazing abandoned warehouse and fortunately, there were no homeless people there (although it was proven to be a local meeting ground for kids). The warehouse looked amazing, its broken roof provided great lighting and spacious openness, and its fallen structures creating very interesting and almost sculptural background. The graphic graffiti on the walls added to sinister and post apocalyptic atmosphere of the warehouse. And finally, the burnt car (big thanks to Brett who found this place in the warehouse).
The scene could not have looked better even if we hired a production designer. Everything looked so professionally and fashionably put together! I was so grateful and impressed with Josie's dedications and efforts, she has spent a lot of time looking for the perfect place for this shoot going around visiting any possible locations and making sure every detail is considered.


Photographer Josie and model Lauren. Jess the make up artist was sick and unfortunately had to leave after Lauren's make up was done, but her make up looked amazing and strong.

Lauren on the wobbly boot of the burnt car looking fierce. I am often amazed with the models' transformation during photo shoots. Most of the models I worked with are very nice and somewhat shy but when they are in front of the camera, their characteristic completely change. I guess it's something to do with their versatility. Lauren from FRM model management was our model. I was amazed with her look and figure, she had that high fashion edge. Lauren was also incredibly bubbly and joyful person, it was a pure delight working with her. She had to be standing on top of burnt car, mountain of broken rubbles and debris on a muddy ground with killer high heels for five hours, yet she did not complain once and her energy kept the whole experience very pleasant for others as well. Her willingness to take things further and experiment showed her dedication as well as her professionalism.


The smoke machine!!! I was so excited with it although the loud generator made communication rather difficult, the smoke created amazing effect

Brett operating the smoke machine. Brett was so helpful and I don't know how the shoot would have went without him. First of all, he discovered this amazing place in the warehouse.




-Seph-

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기