2010년 7월 13일 화요일

Illustration


Before I realised my calling is in fashion, I wanted to become a painter because I drew and paint very well. When I do a sketch of my design, I used to spend a lot of time on it perfecting even the smallest of details. I would draw each strand of hair individually and every glint and shadow of each sequins, pearls, and crystals in a ball gown that I designed. Because of this, I often noticed that my drawing and painting techniques distracted people from seeing the design so I stopped spending time on my drawings and people seem to focus more on my designs. Since then, my drawing style changed from extremely realistic to more simple and stylised. After reading the blog entries of CC Wai in her blog Mixed Matched Media, her wonderful illustrations reignited my passion for drawing and inspired me to pick up my pencil again. I wanted to revisit the moments when I was absolutely at an orgasmic awe with beauty to share the joy and the excitement and hopefully to relive that moment. Hopefully, I will be able to create collection of illustrations and post them here on more or less regular basis.




-Seph-


Here are two unfinished teasers of what's to come.

Dior 2007 Fall Haute Couture finale wedding dress

Chanel 2007 Fall Haute Couture finale wedding dress

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기