2010년 7월 29일 목요일

My Golden Ticket :D


Creating a runway collection is no easy task. I knew there will be a lot of challenges along the way when I decided that I have to fly before I could crawl and the first challenge I had to get over was of finance. I simply cannot afford to spend what little income that I have into this collection. Sure I could take things slowly and buy things that I need when there happens to be some money I could spare, but that was not nearly good enough for me. Besides, if I did that, I will never be able to finish my collection on time.
When I was in high school, my art teacher telling me about a design competition in which the first prize was $500 gift voucher for fabrics, but at the time, I was sure that I was going to London so I really didn't take it seriously. I remembered it one day and wondered if that competition was annual event so I went on to the internet and voila! I had two days before the deadline. The theme of this year's competition seemed to fit what I was doing for my collection, so I selected four designs I thought would be suitable and sent it off.
I was picked as one of ten finalists and I was announced as the winner on the opening night of the exhibition. To my surprise, the Academy of Design, awarded me $2600 scholarship to study fashion course there. I was also very happy to see another Korean win the first prize in secondary school category. The prize could not have have come at more appropriate time for me.



-Seph-


My golden ticket :D



댓글 1개:

  1. That must be so exciting for you!
    Congratulations and all the best!

    답글삭제